Welcome to Lent and 40 days in the Gospel of John!
Read: John 1:1-5
As I said in my welcome video, I am so happy that we are going on this journey together and I am excited to “just listen” with you.
As a reminder, each day you will receive an email from Pastor Jim, Pastor Loida or myself. You will not receive an email on Sunday. Each email will include a reading assignment, a video to watch, some questions for you to consider and a daily activity for you to complete. If you ever have any questions during the study or do not receive your daily email, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also important to know that you can access all the daily content on our Lake Deaton Grows website (www.lakedeatongrows.com). This is a great resource if have issues with your email or want to share this study with a friend.
If you do not have a Bible yet, today is the day to go and get one. You might also want to get a journal to write down your thoughts.
- If you are new to reading the Bible I would encourage that you read from the NLT (New Living Translation). If you have been reading the Bible for a while I suggest that you read from the NRSV (New Revised Standard Version).
- You might want to use a Study Bible. I enjoy using The HarperCollins Study Bible (NRSV), the New Interpreter’s Study Bible (NRSV) or Life Application Study Bible (NLT)
So What Activity: Each day you will have a “So What” Activity. This is an activity to challenge you to do something with what you have read and watched. Today you have three activities.
- If you woke up early there may still be time swing by Lake Deaton in your golf cart or car for drive-thru ashes. Pastors Jim, Loida and I will be outside starting at 7:30am until 9am. Come in your golf cart or car.
- Join us tonight for our Ash Wednesday Service and maybe even bring a friend. The service is at 5pm. We will also be streaming online.
- Watch this YouTube video about Lent.