I am sure that there are some of you out there who are expert gardeners. You can just make things grow. I am not one of those people. Plants come to my house to die. I try to keep them alive; it just doesn’t work. The plants that live around my house are hearty. They know how to live with absolutely no help from me. However, I do understand some basics of gardening. I understand if you cut a branch from the vine, that branch will die for sure. It will cease to produce fruit and it will die. If you leave the branch attached to the vine and you have a good gardener tending the plant, the branch will live and produce good fruit. I know that for sure.
The reading for today is one of my favorite passages from John and it is of course about staying connected to The Vine.
Read: John 15:1-17
Questions to Consider:
- How can you “stay connected” The Vine?
- Has there been a time in your life when you have not been connected to The Vine? Journal about that time. What connected you back to The Vine?
So What Activity:
- Buy a plant for someone and attach a note telling them of your Christian love for them.
- Check out the UMC website on the Means of Grace. Click here.
- The videos I was talking about in my video about the Bible are Bible Project Videos. I love them. Check out the Bible Project website. They have great videos about the Bible and other topics, plus great blogs and pod casts as well. Click here.