In the reading for today the Holy Spirit is called the advocate. Jesus says his advocate. I really love that. I looked up the word and in Merriam-Webster it has three meanings.
- one who pleads the cause of another
- one who defends or maintains a cause or proposal
- one who supports or promotes the interest of a cause or group
The Holy Spirit is a gift that pleads the cause of Jesus, who defends and maintains the cause of Jesus and who supports and promotes the interests of Jesus. This is why Jesus says that he is leaving us with a gift of peace of mind and heart, that we do not have to be troubled or afraid, because we have the Holy Spirit to help guide us. The Holy Spirit, to be right there with us. Read the scripture and then I will see you in the video.
Read: John 14:15-31
Questions to Consider:
- What has been your experience with the Holy Spirit?
- How would you describe the Holy Spirit?
So What Activity: Listen to Francesca Battistelli – Holy Spirit and think on how the Holy Spirit has moved in your life.